BidIdaho is an innovative and efficient means for investing in certificates
of deposit. The program is designed to provide eligible Idaho
financial institutions with the opportunity to interactively compete for
State of Idaho investment dollars semi-annually.
Bids will be accepted online at www.BidIdaho.com on the third Wednesday of
every January and July for funding on the following business day. The
auctions will begin at 10:00 a.m. and end at 10:30 a.m. Grant Street Group
will send out a notification of the amount available for six (6) month
certificates of deposit prior to the scheduled semi-annual auction.
Registration and Entry to Auction
Idaho State Investment Policy
- Bidders must register with BidIdaho. To register, bidders should go to the
BidIdaho web site. Upon registering, bidders will receive a BidIdaho password
and will be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of the
- Registered bidders must request and receive admission to an auction to
submit bids. The State Treasurer reserves the right to deny access to any
BidIdaho auction to any bidder, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, in
its sole discretion.
Banks participating in the BidIdaho Auction must be registered with the Idaho State Treasurer's Office as a State Depository.
Deposits placed with Idaho State Depositories will be based on their Fed FIS bank rating. The Fed FIS bank rating service provides a completely independent, unbiased rating of an institution's financial stability.
The following grid is a breakdown of how funds will be allocated:
|FED FIS Rating
||Maximum Deposit Allowed
|1.94 - 0.00
|2.79 - 1.95
|3.29 - 2.80
|3.69 - 3.30
|5.0 - 3.70
||FDIC Insurance Limit
If your financial institution is currently under a formal enforcement action related to the safety and soundness of your institution by a state or federal financial institution regulator, you will not be allowed to bid in the auction.
- The minimum bid is $100,000.00. Bids may increase in increments of
- The minimum rate will be set to the current CME Term
SOFR six (6) month rate and will be displayed on the auction
page prior to the auction. Bids below the minimum rate will
not be accepted.
- Multiple bids from the same bidder are permissible. Each bidder may
make up to five bids. There is no limit as to the number of times a bid may be
- Settlement date is the next business day following the
auction and will be displayed on the auction page.
- Maturity date will be displayed on the auction page.
- Winning bidders will be assessed a fee equal to .025% of the principal
amount of the certificates of deposit awarded. Such fee will be payable
to Grant Street Group by ACH debit two business days following the auction.
Completion of the ACH Debit Authorization on the Confirmation Page
represents winning bidders authorization for Grant Street Group to debit their
account. Failure to make timely payments of the Grant Street Group fee will
result in exclusion from subsequent auctions.
- If qualified bids submitted in the same auction by the same or different
bidders result in a tie, the first bid submitted prevails. Any change to
a bid constitutes a new bid.
- Winning bidders must confirm their award per the instructions on the
Confirmation Page immediately after the auction ends.
Certificate of Deposit Requirements
- Interest on the certificate of deposit will be calculated on a 365 per diem
basis using the actual number of days ((principal amount times the rate) divided
by 365 multiplied by the actual number of days).
- CDs should be registered as follows:
Idaho State Treasurer's Office
700 West Jefferson, Suite 126
Boise, ID 83702
Tax ID# 82-6001011
- The State Treasurer reserves the right to reject any BidIdaho bid for any
reason at his discretion. The State Treasurer also reserves the right to
award a portion of a bank's bid subject to the minimum and multiple
amounts described above.
- Each bidder must acknowledge that he or she has read amendments to the
Guidelines in each auction and indicate their agreement with the amendment
electronically in order to enter the auction.
- Submitted bids must also be verified. The bidder understands that in
verifying the bid, the bidder has made a formal offer.
- Bids that generate error messages are not accepted until error is
corrected and bid is resubmitted. Error messages will indicate the reason
for the error such as in the instance in which the bidder has entered a
bid that is lower than the minimum bid requirement.
- The bidder understands that the submitted bid may initially be a leading
bid, but may be replaced by other more competitive bids throughout the
auction. Bidders will know immediately if their bid continues to be a
winning bid by updating their bids. A bid's status when "in the money"
may change at any given time due to new bids by other bidders. It is the
responsibility of the bidder to update his or her bid status. There is no
limit to the number of times a bid may be updated.
- A bidder submitting a winning bid is irrevocably obligated to provide
the certificate of deposit at the specified rate, amount and maturity, if
acceptable to the State Treasurer, as herein set forth. The bidder
understands that an award has not been made until posted on the Results
Page on the BidIdaho site. Discrepancies should be reported to the
Investment Division of the State Treasurer's Office at 208-332-2955 or
208-332-2989 within 15 minutes of the posting of the Results Page.
- In the event of a web site failure, the auction will be attempted at the
top of every hour the day of the scheduled auction between the hours of
10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. In the event that the auction is not completed
on the scheduled day, the next attempt will be 10:00 a.m. the next
business day. The State Treasurer will inform registered bidders of a
change in the bidding format via phone, fax, or e-mail.
Acceptance of Guidelines
- The Grant Street Group software, supplied by Grant Street Group, used in
connection with this web site serves only as a medium through which the
BidIdaho auctions are conducted. Grant Street Group is not liable or
responsible for the terms, rates, or any other condition by
which financial institutions are awarded deposits.
Grant Street Group is not responsible for any defect or inaccuracy in the
Guidelines as they appear on the BidIdaho web site.
- Neither the State Treasurer nor Grant Street Group is responsible for
technical difficulties that result in the loss of bidders' Internet
connection with BidIdaho, slowness in transmission of bids or other technical
problems. Neither the State Treasurer nor Grant Street Group is
responsible for individual computer failures. In the event of a computer
failure, bidders may contact the State Treasurer's Office at 208-332-2955
or 208-332-2989 for possible alternate bidding options.
- This web site is provided "as is" without warranty whatsoever.
Grant Street Group hereby disclaims any and all
warranties, including without limitation any implied warranties of
merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
- In no event will Grant Street Group be liable for
indirect, special, incidental, economic, cover, consequential, tort or
other damages (including without limitation damages or costs relating to
the loss of profits, business, goodwill, data or computer programs, even
if advised of the possibility of such damages), without regard to the
legal theory of such damages, arising out of the use of or inability to
use this web site.
- Bidder accepts and agrees to abide by all terms and conditions specified
in the Guidelines.
Please click BACK button to return to previous page.
Go to: BidIdaho Home Page
Please direct questions and comments to Auction Administrator